The dock shelter, is designed to cover the loading and unloading areas in industrial warehouses. It prevents any fumes from entering the loading area, prevents temperature losses or fluctuations and protects the goods from damaging air currents. Its use is primarily suitable for loading docks. Our cargo dock shelter is composed of a galvanized metal frame, both front and rear, with diagonal linking arms, which facilitate the retraction of the shelter on itself when pressure is applied; this then allows them to return to their initial position once pressure has been stopped.
- Standard dimensions: 3400 x 3400 mm
- Structure: galvanised steel
- The front part of the structure is covered by reinforced-rubber protectors made of highly resistant nylon
- Side retractable bars which can deploy through a distance of up to 600 mm
- The side protectors are marked to facilitate the attachment manoeuvre
- Following a technical study, it may be manufactured in bigger or smaller sizes
- 89/106/EEC concerning building products
Frequently asked questions about loading dock shelters
A loading dock shelter wraps around the truck box that is performing the loading or unloading of materials. It provides additional insulation to prevent the entry of contaminating fumes, avoids temperature losses, and protects against air currents that could damage the goods being stored.
Loading docks are usually a standard size, 3400 x 3400 mm. Nonetheless, occasionally because of special needs (trucks whose dimensions are not standard, etc.) we manufacture other dimensions.
The two most common types of shelter are retractable (when the truck makes contact with the shelter, it retracts to tightly seal the truck box) and inflatable. The latter is more commonly installed in cold-storage logistic centres or where insulation needs are very high given that, once the truck is parked in the loading dock, it inflates to cover the entire truck box.